BERNARDO YORBA'S HACIDENA, BUILT IN 1834 LARGER VIEW
Nearly a century later, (1907), Jacob Stern, a Fullerton resident and owner of portions of the former Yorba lands, sold a large area to the Janss Corporation. The Janss Corporation subdivided this property and named the new town "Yorba Linda". "Yorba" after the early land grant family and "Linda" meaning pretty in Spanish. The Janss Corporation began selling its Yorba Linda subdivisions emphasizing its agricultural potential and offering parcels of land for $150 an acre.